Friday 27 July 2012

My scalp is red

Yep, that's right, we had some seriously good weather going on today. It didn't look like it this morning - totally grey outside - but then the sky cleared up and the sun was out. it was actually WARM outside, not just in the sun, but the air was warm, hasn't happened all summer....

So we were out in the garden all day, the whole family. Mr Red sat in the shade as usual, the kids were playing in the inflatable pool and I was soaking up as much sun as I could, which now means that my scalp is red. (FYI, I have alopecia universalis, total loss of body hair, which means no hair on my head). I hope the skin won't peel, like it did after midsummer.... Just so annoying...

Well, otherwise it was a lovely day. I finished a book, my mum lent me some Nora Roberts novels this spring, but I haven't felt like reading them until now. They're really good and easy to read, easy on the brain.... But it's nice to be reading again, after not feeling like reading at all for a month or two. That's really one of my favourite things, lying out in the sun and reading.

Otherwise, I'm pretty tired, after being away and having visitors, even though we've had a really good time. I just get very tired from being around people all the time. I hope I can gather up some energy and get moving on my next sewing project. I haven't even used my new overlocker yet.... :(

Off to bed now.

xx/johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment