Thursday 30 August 2012

Reading...

a book in French! Yep, that's right. I thought I would change it up a bit and try a Frenchie... I do read a lot of books in English, because I like English, I enjoy reading it and it keeps my level of English up (for work and so on). I also enjoy reading English novels in their original language, I get more "into" it. It has worked well so far, so why not try this approach to French?! (I'm an English and French teacher Lower Secondary school/Junior High/Collège level).

It's just that I'm not as good at French as I am at English... So it takes more of an effort and is not as enjoyable to read in French as in English, so what to do? Well, why not read a novel I've already read several times in English?! So, I ordered "Samantha, bonne à rien faire" ("The undomestic goddess") by Sophie Kinsella (just LOVE her novels!) on ebay. It arrived last week and I've already made progress. I read it with the original beside me, so if there are words I wonder about, I can look them up there...

I've also bought this book from ebay:


Another book by Lucy Dillon taking place in Longhampton, involving dogs and LOVE.... :)

xx/Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment