Wednesday 3 October 2012

A new family member

I LOVE animals, well, all animals with fur. I SO MUCH want to get a dog, but it's not possible at the moment, so instead I decided to get the family a little hamster. I know, so typical first pet, but they are really cute AND easy to take care of. And since the kids aren't that old yet it will be perfect to practise with a hamster before getting a larger pet.

 
We named him Sigge and he's the standard hamster colour, but so cute. I'm training him to get used to be picked up and held, the lady at the pet store said I would do it for two weeks before letting the kids hold him themselves. He already seems fine with that, but he did bite Mr Red yesterday, so I think we will wait the two weeks before the kids can hold him. At least they can pet him a little when I hold him. They are very excited and want to check on him all the time. :)


Have a nice day // Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment